- Who can use the Student View of LionPATH?
- What if I’m both a staff member and a student?
- What about family members?
- Where do students go to log in to LionPATH?
- Why are the LionPATH pages that staff members view not the same as the Student View?
- How will I be able to advise students if I’m not seeing what they’re seeing?
- Why am I seeing Student View when I expect Classic View or vice versa?
- Why do I sometimes end up in Classic View when I’m in the middle of a Student View session?
- Is there a list of known issues and enhancement requests?
Who can use the Student View of LionPATH?
Only students are able to use the Student View.
What if I’m both a staff member and a student?
If you are a Penn State staff member and are also a student at Penn State, or if you have been a student in the past, then you will have access to the Student View of LionPATH.
If you do have access to the Student View you will be able to switch between the Classic View (original LionPATH) and the Student View by using a link in the header. (Please note: When doing staff-related work, the Classic View should be used.)
What about family members?
Family members who have been granted Delegated Access by their student and/or named as an Authorized Payer by their student can log in to LionPATH at https://public.lionpath.psu.edu.
Where do students go to log in to LionPATH?
Students can access LionPATH at http://launch.lionpath.psu.edu and click on the Undergraduate Students tab.
Why are the LionPATH pages that staff members view not the same as the Student View?
While some of the LionPATH pages that staff members view appear to be the same as those students see, they are not. The effort required to rework the Student View was significant and precluded doing a simultaneous revamp for non-student users. We are aware of adviser concerns and have done everything possible to enable advisers and students to bridge the appearance differences.
How will I be able to advise my students if I’m not seeing what they’re seeing?
We completely understand that this situation is not ideal, and may cause some confusion and difficulties in advising students. To that end, we are developing training and help materials to assist you in your advising role.
- Students are able to switch to the Classic View of LionPATH at any time, so they will see the same view that their adviser sees, if necessary.
- Student help materials are being updated to reflect the new interface, and will be available for you to reference.
- A demo of the new interface has been developed to help advisers navigate the new interface while working with students: https://tutorials.lionpath.psu.edu/LionPATH_Demo.
Why am I seeing the Student View when I expect Classic View or vice versa?
If you are a current Penn State student or have been a student in the past, then your default view is the new Student View. Clicking on the Classic View link in the header will bring you to the original LionPATH view and will set a cookie in your browser so that your new default view will be Classic for one year. Since the default view is set by a cookie in the browser, there are a number of ways your default view could change. Some examples include:
- going to LionPATH in a different browser;
- using a private or incognito session;
- clearing your out your cookies, which often happens when clearing browsing history.
If you find yourself in an unexpected view, click on either the Student View or Classic View link as appropriate to get to your desired view.
If you would like to see the Classic View every time you launch LionPATH then change the URL for your LionPATH bookmark to https://www.lionpath.psu.edu/psp/CSPRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/h/?tab=DEFAULT&lpoldui=true
Why do I sometimes end up in Classic View when I’m in the middle of a Student View session?
If the header is still the Student View header, then you are still in a Student View session. Not all of the LionPATH pages have been converted to the Student View design. Pages were converted to the Student View based on usage and available resources. The Student Center has not been converted to the Student View design, as it is not intended to be used in the Student View. The home page tabs are a replacement for the Student Center. If you are on the Student Center, select one of the home page tabs to return to the full Student View experience.
Is there a list of known issues and enhancement requests?
Yes, please see the User Interface Activities page.