IMPORTANT: LionPATH will be offline from July 4 through July 7 to perform the system upgrade.
If you have questions, please contact the LionPATH Development and Maintenance Organization (LDMO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is happening:
LionPATH will be performing a full system upgrade in July 2019 to ensure that the system is running a current, fully supported version of the software. The upgrade will offer moderate improvements to navigation and appearance to make system use easier. Minimal impact to business processes is anticipated.
When this is happening:
The LDMO established the following timeline based on input from the LionPATH governance committee which is comprised of representatives from various functional offices across the University. Additional details will be provided in future communications.
- COMPLETE: August 2018 – February 2019: In Fall 2018, the LDMO announced the upgrade to the broader University community. The LDMO completed several practice upgrades of the software.
- COMPLETE: March 2019 – May 2019: Key functional offices along with representatives for faculty and students conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on an upgraded version of LionPATH to confirm that all tasks and business processes perform correctly.
- March 2019 – July 7, 2019: The LDMO has implemented a freeze on software changes in order to allow focused attention on the upgrade. During this time, the LDMO will handle only emergency fixes.
- June 2019: The LDMO is correcting a few defects identified during UAT.
- July 2019: The LDMO will take LionPATH offline from July 4-6, 2019, to perform the actual system upgrade. LionPATH will be back online on Sunday, July 7, 2019.
Who this affects:
All students, faculty, and staff will see modest changes in LionPATH.
How this affects you:
After the live upgrade in July 2019, all users will notice improvements to the navigation and appearance. There are no major functionality changes.
Enhancement requests: The LDMO has implemented a software freeze to focus attention on the upgrade. During this time, the LDMO will handle only emergency fixes to the system. Enhancement requests submitted are being registered with the LDMO, but put on hold until after the July upgrade.
Key administrative offices: Staff who work in key administrative offices such as the Registrar, Bursar, and Student Aid were asked to participate in system testing. However, no new training will be required.
Interface owners: The LDMO has worked with interface owners to confirm that there have been no changes that would impact any interfaces. End-to-end testing has been completed to ensure that all processes continue to work smoothly. For more information, please review this document that covers how the upgrade will impact interfaces, any expected changes, and the anticipated timeline and test instance availability. This information was presented in June 2018 during open invitation zoom sessions.
No action is needed at this time. Please submit any questions to the LDMO at email@example.com.