On this page you will find the latest news about the LionPATH system upgrade happening in July 2019. If you have questions, please contact the LionPATH Development and Maintenance Organization (LDMO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is happening:
A required LionPATH upgrade will be performed July 2019 to ensure that the system is running a current, fully supported version of the software. The upgrade will offer moderate improvements to navigation and appearance to make system use easier. The LDMO will share usability improvement plans throughout the upgrade timeline. No impact to business processes is anticipated.
When this is happening:
The LDMO established the following timeline based on input from the LionPATH governance committee which is comprised of representatives from various functional offices across the University. Additional details will be provided in future communications.
- August 2018 – February 2019: The LDMO will complete three practice upgrades of the software. In Fall 2018, an announcement of the upcoming upgrade will be shared with the broader University community.
- March 2019 – May 2019: Key functional offices will conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to confirm that all tasks and business processes perform correctly. Testing will occur in an upgraded copy of production.
- March 2019 – July 7, 2019: The LDMO will implement a freeze on software changes in order to allow focused attention on the upgrade. During this time, the LDMO will handle only emergency fixes.
- June 2019: The LDMO will correct any defects identified during UAT.
- July 2019: The LDMO will take LionPATH offline from July 4-6, 2019, to perform the actual system upgrade. LionPATH will be back online on Sunday, July 7, 2019.
Who this affects:
The upgrade will provide usability improvements for all audiences interacting with the system.
How this affects you:
After the live upgrade in July 2019, you will notice improvements to navigation and appearance.
Functional offices: If you work in a functional office, you may be asked to participate in some system testing. However, no new training will be required.
Interface owners: We do not anticipate that the upgrade will bring data changes that would impact many interfaces. Regardless of whether there are any changes, we will need to include all interfaces in end-to-end testing to ensure that all processes continue to work smoothly. For more information on how the upgrade will impact interfaces; of what, if any changes you might expect; and to provide details of the anticipated timeline for upgrade activities and test instance availability, please plan to attend either of the two following Zoom meetings listed below. You can also review this document that includes the information and timeline that is presented during the zoom meetings.
Thursday, June 14, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. or Tuesday, June 26, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Zoom link: https://psu.zoom.us/j/2571689512. Meeting # 2571689512
No action is needed at this time. If you have questions, please contact the LDMO at email@example.com.