On this page, you will find the latest news about the LionPATH system upgrade happening in July 2019. If you have questions, please contact the LionPATH Development and Maintenance Organization (LDMO) at email@example.com.
What is happening:
LionPATH will be performing a full system upgrade in July 2019 to ensure that the system is running a current, fully supported version of the software. The upgrade will offer moderate improvements to navigation and appearance to make system use easier. The LDMO will share usability improvement plans throughout the upgrade timeline. Minimal impact to business processes is anticipated.
When this is happening:
The LDMO established the following timeline based on input from the LionPATH governance committee which is comprised of representatives from various functional offices across the University. Additional details will be provided in future communications.
- August 2018 – February 2019: The LDMO has completed three practice upgrades of the software. In Fall 2018, the LDMO announced the upgrade to the broader University community.
- March 2019 – May 2019: Key functional offices along with representatives for faculty and students will conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to confirm that all tasks and business processes perform correctly. Testing will occur in an upgraded version of the software.
- March 2019 – July 7, 2019: The LDMO has implemented a freeze on software changes in order to allow focused attention on the upgrade. During this time, the LDMO will handle only emergency fixes.
- June 2019: The LDMO will correct any defects identified during UAT.
- July 2019: The LDMO will take LionPATH offline from July 4-6, 2019, to perform the actual system upgrade. LionPATH will be back online on Sunday, July 7, 2019.
Who this affects:
All students, faculty, and staff will see modest changes in LionPATH.
How this affects you:
After the live upgrade in July 2019, all users will notice improvements to the navigation and appearance.
Enhancement requests: The LDMO has implemented a software freeze from March through July 2019 to focus attention on the upgrade. During this time, the LDMO will handle only emergency fixes to the system. Enhancement requests submitted will be registered with the LDMO, but put on hold until after the July upgrade.
Key administrative offices: Staff who work in key administrative offices such as the Registrar, Bursar, and Student Aid may be asked to participate in some system testing. However, no new training will be required.
Interface owners: The LDMO does not anticipate that the upgrade will bring data changes that would impact many interfaces. Regardless of whether there are any changes, all interfaces will be included in end-to-end testing to ensure that all processes continue to work smoothly. The LMDO will contact all interface owners for whom they currently work with to schedule such testing. For more information, please review this document that covers how the upgrade will impact interfaces, any expected changes, and the anticipated timeline and test instance availability. This information was presented in June 2018 during open invitation zoom sessions.
No action is needed at this time. Please submit any questions to the LDMO at firstname.lastname@example.org.